So what am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?
1. My darling, fun, loving, and fun-loving daughters. Don't be afraid of the teenage years!
2. My bright, generous and dynamic husband. There's never a dull moment.
3. My great family in the USA: my parents, one grandmother (yes!), my sister and her family, all of whom have been willing to take my daughter in for the whole year. I miss them and love them...which leads to:
4. Summers -- which I spend in the USA.
5. My life-long best friend whom I met well over thirty years ago. My move to France hasn't changed a thing about our relationship.
6. Having a job I love every single day. (Okay, almost every single day.)
7. The Internet. Seriously! It helps me keep in touch with the people above, old friends, and also make new ones through my blogging activities.
8. Music. Especially the Kinks, REM and Bob Dylan.
9. Obama's victory. Yes, we did.
10. Being in good health. Four years ago at this time, I was in the hospital for a rather long stay. I do blame it all on Bush's 2004 victory, because I fell ill the very day of his re-election. But that's all over now.