Thursday, November 27, 2008

Things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving

(Lovely, free image courtesy of mahalo.com)

I'm not one for touchy-feely posts, but the fact that my youngest daughter is celebrating Thanksgiving in the USA with my family this year makes me want to at least give the holiday a nod.

So what am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?

1. My darling, fun, loving, and fun-loving daughters. Don't be afraid of the teenage years!

2. My bright, generous and dynamic husband. There's never a dull moment.

3. My great family in the USA: my parents, one grandmother (yes!), my sister and her family, all of whom have been willing to take my daughter in for the whole year. I miss them and love them...which leads to:

4. Summers -- which I spend in the USA.

5. My life-long best friend whom I met well over thirty years ago. My move to France hasn't changed a thing about our relationship.

6. Having a job I love every single day. (Okay, almost every single day.)

7. The Internet. Seriously! It helps me keep in touch with the people above, old friends, and also make new ones through my blogging activities.

8. Music. Especially the Kinks, REM and Bob Dylan.

9. Obama's victory. Yes, we did.

10. Being in good health. Four years ago at this time, I was in the hospital for a rather long stay. I do blame it all on Bush's 2004 victory, because I fell ill the very day of his re-election. But that's all over now.

Happy Thanksgiving!


9 comments:

tut-tut said...

a lovely list; and I agree about the teenage years! Happy Thanksgiving.

The Duchess said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Betty, those all all wonderful things to be thankful for, for sure!

Le laquet said...

Be thank-full! Happy whatever-time-of-the-year Mme C!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Betty.

I agree with the Internet bit most heartily :-)

Unknown said...

Betty ----- I would be glad to know how to put that Bush clock on the blog. It says copy and paste but it won't.

Betty Carlson said...

Hmmmm...Well, you copy and paste the html and make sure to put it in the correct form on your sidebar...If you're on New Blogger," there are lots of boxes in the "Layout" portion that are marked "HTML" Code. You give it a title then paste the HTML in the box part.

I'm not very good at this type of explanation...!

If this doesn't work for you, there are any number of Bush countdown badges out there.

spacedlaw said...

Don't you ever celebrate Thanksgiving at all?

Betty Carlson said...

spaced, I did the whole nine yards once the first year I lived here, but I wasn't working full-time and had the time to spend all day on it...

Last year I did a kind of pseudo-Thanksgiving with American friends but it was on a Saturday evening and didn't really ring true (even though it was a fun dinner.)

And that's it!

Unknown said...

All good things to be thankful for, Betty.

If I can swing it, we might spend next TG in France. Or Xmas - who knows?