Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Future European Home?

Since I now have dual French-American nationality, I am a European citizen. I sometimes wonder if my future may hold a life in one of Europe's capitals -- I'm not sure I will want to stay in La France Profonde forever.

According to a quiz that I picked up on It's all illusion anyway , another fairly new blog, this is where I belong:



You Belong in Amsterdam



A little old fashioned, a little modern - you're the best of both worlds. And so is Amsterdam.

Whether you want to be a squatter graffiti artist or a great novelist, Amsterdam has all that you want in Europe (in one small city).

It actually sounds like a good match. I have been to Amsterdam and loved it. Generally, I am quite attracted to Northern European cities and have even imagined a life in Stockholm , but I do worry about the long winters. Amsterdam might be a good compromise -- and my husband got the same result!
Try the quiz yourself and tell me what you think. I doubt it's very scientific, but it's fun.

2 comments:

Ksam said...

Thanks for sharing, that's a neat quiz. Unfortunately, it said my ideal city was Paris - the city that I dislike the most in Europe!! *S*

Anonymous said...

Apparently, my ideal city is Paris, too. Not that I would mind living there, but it would be great to have another European experience!